3 months ago
Demand Planner/Master Scheduler
The Demand Planner/Master Scheduler works directly with Supply Chain and Manufacturing to develop and issue production schedules in line with known demands. Works with Sales and Product Management to develop and manage forecast for long range material planning while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
* Identify and implement system and process improvements within the supply chain to enable overall business process improvement.
* Further develop existing forecast and supply programs to improve current days of inventory and cash cycle.
* Improve forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
* Analyze inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
* Drive, promote and develop positive communication with Marketing and Sales to improve forecast accuracy.
* Develop and maintain Forecast, master schedule and procurement plan based on history, seasonality and sales opportunities.
* Review and update forecast, production schedules and material requirements.
* Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages.
* Coordinate and plan materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of new BOM’s and cut-in dates for build verification and production units.
* Work cooperatively with the Sourcing Engineer, Inventory Specialist and Contract Manufacturers to implement Pre Engineering Change Orders for products or projects not yet released.
* Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities that may be affecting demand for product over and above the plan.
* Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels while working with Contract Manufacturers, Purchasing and Manufacturing to meet customer requirements. Propose changes when needed,
* Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
* Work cooperatively to implement innovative inventory efficiency programs.
* Work closely with Buyers, Inventory Analyst and Contract Manufacturers to determine the appropriate levels of safety stock for Finished goods and components to minimize lead times.
* 4-7 years of manufacturing, forecasting and scheduling experience in a multi-facility environment
* Bachelors in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or Management Information Systems preferred
* APICS Certification preferred
* Experience in ERP systems
* Superior communication skills both verbally and written
* Inventory management, including ERP inventory control
* Strong customer service skills
* Excellent math skills
* Action oriented
* Integrity and trust with strong work ethic
* Strong organization skills and attention to detail
* Strong time management and prioritization skills
* Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Proficient in MS Excel, including advanced spreadsheet creation and manipulation
* INFOR XA experience preferred