4 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We are looking for a Data Scientist – Machine Learning to support our Analytics & Information Management Services organization. The organizational scope supports Boeing enterprise functions: Commercial and Government Aftermarket Services; Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, Supply Chain, HR, Finance, and Corporate functions.
At Boeing, we are already making a difference across the industry using collective machine intelligence to deliver strong, rich and safer product experience to our commercial and government customers. We are expanding and growing in all areas in the frontier of aerospace industry. We are working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning, Neural network), Natural Language Processing and deep infrastructure. We’ve already been joined by some of the best minds, and we’re looking for talented Data Scientists that have applied experience in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Robotics to join our team.
We do Data Science our own way, raising the standards on how humans interact with machines. Our data scientists work closely everyday with product managers, researchers, subject matter experts and software engineers to work on challenges in machine intelligence, data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing and work together with agility to build products that delight our internal and external users. We bring new ideas while working on our Dreamliner program or creating next generation missile system to defend the country or launching a space station. We partner and collaborate with universities and research institutions worldwide to being best minds together.
Data scientists will have opportunities to work on projects with highest priority to the business. Paramount to success in this role is the ability to determine, define and deploy predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to identify and perform root cause analysis on adverse trends, by choosing best fit methods, defining algorithms, and validating and deploying models to achieve results.
* Partner with the enterprise business functions to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
* Collaborate across multiple teams including analytics, product management, and operations to drive product development.
* Passionate about working with large and complex unstructured and structured data sets.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You should be able to work across functions and effectively present, recommend and communicate a position by demonstrating its value and tradeoffs.
* Comfortable conducting design, algorithm, and code reviews.
* Able to self-direct and succeed with minimal guidance.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Bachelor’s degree in a computer, engineering or quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
* Programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Scala.
* Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
* 3+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., statistician, data analyst, data scientist, computational biologist, physicist, bioinformatician).
* Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Octave, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
* Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
* Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline
* 5+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., statistician, computational biologist / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
* Experience with machine learning related open source libraries including, but not limited to: Hadoop, Spark, SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, Theano, etc.
* Experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
* Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award