6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with -defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
* Develop analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities. Work alongside developers and engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
* Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
* Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
* Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics.
* Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate The work and outcomes.
* Share and discuss findings with team members.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
* Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
* Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
* Demonstrated awareness of feature extraction and real-time analytics methods
* Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scaleup, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
* Works well with others in a collaborative environment
* Self starter
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.