9 months ago
Are you ready to join one of the most successful companies in the world and help them achieve their quest of becoming a leader in the area of data analytics?
The Boeing Company is looking for a data scientist to support our Analytics & Information Management Services organization. The organizational scope supports Boeing enterprise-wide programs and functions, and data scientists will have opportunities to work on projects which have the highest priority to the business. Paramount to success in this role is the ability to determine, define and deploy predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to identify and perform root cause analysis on adverse trends, by choosing best fit methods, defining algorithms, and validating and deploying models to achieve results.
Here is a breakdown of some specific responsibilities this data scientist will take on:
- Interface directly with senior data scientists to support development of advanced analytics solutions supporting key Boeing functions: Commercial and Government Aftermarket Services; Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, Supply Chain, HR, Finance, and Corporate.
- Modify and analyze data sets using complex analytics techniques such as machine learning, advanced statistical analysis, mathematical optimization and simulation.
- Identify modeling attributes and parameters.
- Apply algorithms to create descriptive, predictive or prescriptive models to achieve analysis.
- Investigating challenging data characteristics, complexity, quality, and meaning.
- Through visualizations and summarizations, define performance, identify trends, outliers and drivers.
- Participate in determination of stakeholders needs and ensures business value is realized.
- Communicate, advise, and collaborate with business partners.
- Support development team to deliver production solutions (e.g. visualizations, reports, algorithms, models, dashboards, tools).
Why Work for Boeing?
We take care of our people. Boeing invests more than $23 Billion a year in employees in the form of pay, incentives, benefits and wellbeing programs. At Boeing, Total Compensation is more than a paycheck. It’s a market-leading combination of pay, incentives, benefits and well-being programs that can help you through all aspects of life. This includes:
Competitive Base Salary with potential for yearly performance adjustments
Industry leading health care options
401K with company match (Ranked #2 in the country by Bloomberg)
Yearly performance bonus
Lots of PTO! This includes vacation, sick leave, holidays, and a company-wide winter break.
Company discount program. (Get discounts on everything from Apple to Zipcar)
We provide opportunities to work on groundbreaking projects and technology. From commercial airplanes and military fighter jets to satellites and space exploration, Boeing’s knowledge of design and manufacturing of all things in the air is unmatched—by anyone. You will be part of an organization that is working to solve the world’s most difficult aerospace problems.
We innovate. We imagine the impossible and make it a reality through our integrated One Boeing approach. Our teams in Data Science, Engineering, Human Resources, Procurement, Marketing & Sales, and so many more, work in tandem to give insight that becomes actionable intelligence to improve customer experiences, bring warfighters home safely, and deliver desired outcomes.
We deliver, every day. And have for more than 100 years. Whether through on-time arrivals or completed missions, Boeing delivers outcomes and insights that are making the world a place with limitless possibilities.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience developing data science solutions using machine learning methodologies and tools (e.g. Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines,
Neural Networks, Deep Learning (Tensorflow))
- Experience working with cross functional teams and business partners defining data requirements and incorporating analytics into their processes including through visualizations, user interfaces, and operational improvements.
- Object oriented programming experience (e.g. R, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience working with big data analytics databases and interpreting data (e.g. SQL, Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Hbase, NoSQL, graph DB’s)
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing data science solutions in the aerospace & defense domain.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Contingent Upon Program Award