about 1 month ago
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Data Mining Analyst Intern will support Operations Strategy & Cost Reduction activities that drive successful achievement of cost reduction targets for Cargo, Seating and Veneer systems. Provides project data support, tracking and reporting for various cost reduction initiatives. Collaborate with Interiors central team and support their strategy through identifying data trends and relationships.
* Manage and upkeep Colorado Springs cost reduction project trackers.
* Manage and upkeep parts list to support Interiors operations by collaborating with cross-functional teams.
* Collects and analyzes data to support site metric reporting.
* Report generation from SAP ERP system as needed.
* Participates in continuous improvement activities for the Cost Reduction team.
* Utilize optimization algorithms to improve shipping and manufacturing processes.
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
* Must be pursuing and progressing towards a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Science, Business Analytics, Finance, Accounting or Mathematics related field of study
* Must have GPA of 3.0
* Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework.
* Must be entering junior year and must be able to work year round while attending school.
* Knowledge of Microsoft office tools –Excel, PowerPoint, Word
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and prioritize both daily issues and long-term projects.
* 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong written and verbal skills.
* Strong computer skills, including skill in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software.
* Ability to work on large data sets.
* Knowledge of database - SQL, Hadoop is a plus.
* Knowledge of programming languages – Java, VBA or Python is a plus.
* Ability to work at least 20 hours per week during school sessions and 40 hours per week during non-school sessions.
* “Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.”
Education: Pursuing and progressing towards a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Science, Business Analytics, Finance, Accounting or Mathematics related field of study
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.