3 months ago
Cyber Software Engineer/Principal Cyber Software Engineer-19002459
Location: Colorado Springs
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Clearance Type: Top Secret
Number of Openings : 1
Shift : 1st Shift
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, its about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (ES&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Electronic Fires team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Cyber Software Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What Youll get to Do:
* You will join a team of highly skilled and diverse individuals specializing in cyber-related network applications.
* You will be self-motivated, innovative and has experience guiding research and development projects from inception to conclusion. Responsibilities will include design, development, analysis, documentation and testing of networks, software and software systems, as well as integrating various cyber capabilities into networked computing environments.
* You will have experience with shell scripting, Configuration Management (GIT), network protocols, embedded and classic applications and ARM platforms is highly desired.
* You will be proficient with Windows, Linux and OSX is required.
* Superior written and oral skills are required.
**** Possible frequent commute to Aurora, CO
**** Occasional travel to other sites in the US
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to
diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* For a level 2: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics related discipline and 2 years of related work experience or 6 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
* For a level 3: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics related discipline and 5 years of related work experience or 9 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
* Experience with Network engineering and administration
* Experience with Software engineering in C/C++, Python or Java
* Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SSBI.
* Experience with writing software
* Experience with ambiguous requirements
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Active TS/SSBI
* Excellent problem solver
* Superior written and oral skills
* Prior experience with Cyber technologies
* Network modeling and simulation
* Strong experience with shell scripting, Configuration Management (GIT), network protocols, embedded and classic applications and ARM platforms
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit our website. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job ID: 19002459