9 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Workers in this position perform limited operations on a variety of non-standard parts forming machines that use aluminum stock blanks to cut, form and finish aircraft detail parts, per drawing and Boeing (BAC) specifications.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Employment in this position also requires flexion/extension, handling, lifting and carrying less than 10 pounds, standing, twisting at the waist, walking, rotation of head/neck, lifting 10-35 pounds, finger manipulation, contact with cleaners, metals and lubricants, exposure to noise, and the use of personal safety gear for face, eyes, hand/arm, ears and feet.
* Obtain work package from, material stores area (MSA) and/or flat sheet metal staging area, or run previously set-up job by reviewing tie-in from prior operator, work from weekly priority list.
* Review the work order (W/O), obtain drawings and manufacturing enhanced data sheets (MEDS), as required.
* Use computing system (e.g., Bold/Web) to retrieve drawing if not with (W/O) and other on line engineering instructions, as required.
* Transfer manufacture identification roll code (e.g., suppliers name, type of material, heat treat number, and gauge), record data on (W/O), per Boeing (BAC) specifications, as required.
* Calculate material used for job, record debit on paper work (W/O), as required.
* Obtain tools from storage area (e.g., quick change blank tool, blank tool) manually or by using on line computer systems (e.g., automated retrieval system), as required.
* Check and ensure all safety features/guards are properly attached before operation of machine.
* Walk around machine to check for (e.g., oil spills, broken hoses) call for appropriate maintenance, as required.
* Operate 4"" x 4"" cut form and finish type machine by manually inserting aluminum blank into die and cut out (e.g., holes, periphery) move detail part through each operation (e.g., lubricate, deburr, cleaning, forming) check formed angle with go/no-go gauge per W/O and drawing.
* Obtain first parts check, as required. Operate 5"" X 8"" cut, form and finish type machine by loading on the machine bed and automatically inserting the blank into die and cut out (e.g., holes, periphery) move detail part though each operation (e.g., lubricate, deburr, cleaning) select correct set-up to form bend per W/O, drawing, MEDS.
* Use precision measurement tools (e.g., caliper, protractor) to ensure bend is within tolerance.
* Obtain first parts check, as required.
* Run remaining parts and check each detail part during run, to ensure parts are complete, per drawing and that there are no visible defects.
* Perform on line computer work using enterprise resource planner (ERP), at completion of job assignment.
* Load recyclable aluminum from used blanks onto rolling table, move and place in tub skid, as required.
* Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., cindol 3411, shop towels) in approved manner per Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), as required.
* Maintain personal and tool certification, as required.
* Consult with supervisor and/or others (e.g., inspection) on process or job related issues, as required.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Experience using a computer
This position requires all current Boeing employees working in Washington and Oregon to apply via an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) in order to be considered.
Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings
Experience setting and using precision measuring tools
Experience from a CORE PLUS program
Training from a community and technical college manufacturing program
Contingent Upon Program Award