about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10171
Location: US - Minnesota - Eden Prairie
Functional Area: Finance
Division: EMG - Engineered Medical Components
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
JOB OBJECTIVE SUMMARY
Professional workplace behavior includes quality work, productive work, good attendance, and driving toward results which are achieved through good interaction skills, teamwork, flexibility, willingness to solve problems, and follows all policies and procedures.
Responsible for various accounting activities with an emphasis on compiling and analyzing financial information & reporting. Analyze & interpret financial data & recommend changes to improve systems & financial performance. Maintain accounting policies & practices to ensure accurate & reliable data necessary for business operations.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Ensure accurate costs are maintained for all products and raw materials. Facilitate communication with appropriate parties to correct any discrepancies found on routers or Bills of Materials.
• Develop overhead and departmental labor rates for use in product costing.
• Perform various cost roll-ups to update/revise product costs.
• Analyze costs for new products, components and assemblies.
• Perform product-cost analysis on specific products when requested.
• Analyze variances from Budget and advise management of situations needling attention.
• Process manufacturing transactions, analyze variances & report results.
• Cycle Count Generation and variance reporting.
• Perform analysis of inventory reserves.
• Prepare standard weekly, monthly, and annual cost reports. Create new reports when necessary.
• General ledger account reconciliations & analysis as required
• Prepare appropriate journal entries.
• Compile & analyze financial information.
• Submit payroll to corporate for various business units.
• Post payroll entries to G/L.
• Calculate monthly payroll accrual.
• Assist finance manager with monthly closes and financial statement preparation.
• Assist with preparation of annual budget.
• Provide financial support to business unit managers.
• Provide backup to various accounting functions as needed, i.e.: A/R, A/P, etc.
• Support maintenance of General Ledger Chart of Accounts.
• Assist with various Audit functions.
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned by Finance Manager and/or Director, Finance.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 3-4 years experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment. Interdivisional costing experience a plus.
• High degree of accuracy and mathematical aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate the efforts of people in different departments.
• Experience working in an ERP system environment.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office programs, particularly Excel. Microsoft Access experience
• Experience in an “Ad Hoc” reporting system a plus.
• Good project and time management skills.
• Office environment.
• Sit most of the day working at the computer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.