6 months ago
Cost Account Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56988BR Date posted 11/20/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional and Business Jet Programs (RBJ) is seeking a Control Account Project Manager to support business program activities at its Rockford, IL site. The position is critical to managing the visibility of program technical scope, schedule and budgets. Responsibilities include:
* Provide leadership to a team of project engineers charged with ensuring customer deliverables and support are provided accurately and on time
* Manage multiple Earned Value Management System (EVMS) accounts, provide monthly Project EV reviews, estimate line maintenance and variance analysis
* Identify root cause and develop corrective actions for variances to plan
* Conduct risk assessments in accordance with the Program Management System Standard, complete with detailed mitigation plans including funding and staffing impacts
* Develop estimates for new work and updates to existing work
* Development of annual Basis of Estimates (BoE)
* Coordinate detailed plans for assigned projects which are executable, with measurable milestones consistent with the Program objectives
* Responsible for technical proficiency, use of resources including subcontractor effort, and meeting organizational cost/schedule commitments for the assigned contract tasks
* Approves and controls work execution as delegated by the Program Management Office and Integrated Product Team Leads.
* 3-5 years of related experience
* Microsoft Excel expert (pivot tables, equations, filters, graphs and charts, Vlook-up, macros, etc)
* Microsoft Project proficient, including;
* Use of Critical Path analysis
* Project baselining
* Resource Loading
* Resource Leveling
* Microsoft Word and Power Point proficient
* Earned Value Management System concept knowledge and experience
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Works well in a team environment
Education: Bachelor's in engineering, business administration or a related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.