about 1 year ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Repair and Warranty, this position will focus on processing parts for repair and warranty consideration. Working directly with vendors, the Coordinator, Repair and Warranty will establish professional relationships with vendors to ensure an uninterrupted flow of parts to Porter’s operations at the best value.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures an uninterrupted flow of aircraft parts to the operation, by prioritizing low stock items and ensuring that external vendors meet the agreed turnaround time
* Prepares repair orders for unscheduled and scheduled maintenance of aircraft parts and tools
* Assists the Supervisor, Repair and Warranty in reviewing and negotiating repair quotes, working closely with Porter’s Engineering, Line Maintenance and Reliability teams for technical support
* Tracks parts that are overdue from repair vendors
* Proactively work on clarifications and discrepancies with all stakeholders as they occur
* Generates reports to support repair and warranty processes
* Develops cost savings initiatives
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Performs support functions and duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Experience with MRO/AMO software such as RAAS, TRAX, WinAir or similar is an asset
* Post-secondary education desirable
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
* Aviation experience in a Stores or Procurement environment is an asset
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Professional, assertive approach to problem solving
* Managing competing priorities in a fast paced environment
* Able to obtain a Transport Canada restricted area pass
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
* Post Date February 16, 2018
* Reference ID 65-26-86