5 months ago
This position is responsible for managing the financial activities of the SEDAU.
Responsibilities to include: ensuring adequate internal controls, integrity of financial statements, reporting, forecasting, planning, costing and continuous improvement in financial and management reporting. The Controller reports to the CFO and manages a team of 4 professionals. This is a very “hands-on” position with high visibility and daily interactions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* - Work closely with Senior Management, Manufacturing Organization and Sales team to improve company's financial performance
* - Manage month-end and year end close process for the 2 sites (reporting process through Convergence, the group Financial reporting tool)
* - Prepare budgets by leading, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, recommending plans
* - Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
* - Research technical accounting issues for compliance. Drives performance improvement through use of key performance indicators
* - Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and Tax filings
* - Develops the cost analysis function for the repair and manufacturing activities to help drive cost reduction and process improvement
* - Ensures controls and procedures are in place. Performs testing and evaluations of the processes according to the SAFRAN internal control process (annual group Internal Control campaign, reporting through I-CARE)
* - Handles and improves accounting processes and activities: monthly closing, revenue tracking, inventory and WIP analysis, accounts receivable and accounts payables analysis
* - Drives financial and administrative process and system improvements to deliver world class business and decision making support processes, including working with SAFRAN Electronics & Defense, Avionics executive team and SAFRAN Electronics & Defense (France) operations to converge on best in class consistent processes
* - Preparation of periodic balance sheet reviews including interco balance integrity.
* - Supports requirements for Internal Audit, E & Y Tax auditors, ISO, etc.
* - Leads team(s) in identifying, quantifying and mitigating risk
* - Liaison with key stakeholders including external consultants as required. Works with Safran Corporate Finance office to support and coordinate plant activities and requirements with group operations
* - Provides business performance measurement analytical capabilities as required to the GM, the plant management and other SAFRAN stakeholders on an ongoing basis and supports ad hoc requests
Education / Experience:
* - Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
* - Audit experience
* - Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience and finance experience in manufacturing environment
* - CPA or CMA Certification
* - MBA helpful
* - Knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS accounting
* - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants will be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
* - Mandatory SAP, SAP implementation experience is a plus
* - Excellent Microsoft Office skills
* - Shared Services experience is a plus
* - Avionic industry is a plus
* - Thorough attention to detail and accuracy
* - Unquestioned business ethics, honesty and integrity
* - Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles
* - Demonstrates ability to implement change and drive results
* - Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* - Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and influence processes across multiple functions and stake holders
* - Capacity to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
* - Works and communicates effectively at all organizational levels and across functional areas
Physical Job Requirements:
* - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
* - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
* - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
4 months ago
only 6 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 7 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 8 days until close
27 days ago
only 18 hours until close