3 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Responsible for the development of control systems design for advanced opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical stabilized systems and components;
* Responsible for deep understanding of the physical and environmental inputs and resultant system modelling;
* Act as the primary input interface to software and firmware engineering for control system developments;
* Develop front-end software for control system related implementations;
* Responsible for related sub-system and system verification and validation;
* Support estimating labour and material cost of assigned work packages;
* Sourcing of off-the-shelf components and working with outside companies to develop custom solutions;
* Participate in design reviews as either a presenter or a reviewer;
* Provide technical support to other areas of the organization;
* Keep in synchronization with industry trends and new technologies that may be relevant to L3 Wescam’s present and future product development.
* Expert knowledge of control systems, including adaptive methods, and modern control schemes;
* Expert modelling skills in Matlab or an equivalent mathematical application;
* Knowledge of software programming methods;
* Knowledge of a 3D CAD system;
* Well versed in mechanical dynamics and vibration;
* Excellent mathematical and design skills;
* Basic knowledge of optical principles;
* Vibration isolation and troubleshooting;
* Motion systems – analysis, selection and design;
* Strong communication skills and the ability to prepare detailed technical reports and specifications;
* A highly motivated, self-starter;
* Ability to learn and grow within a fast paced environment.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent, advanced degrees preferred
* 5 years’ experience in a similar role
* You will be eligible to meet the Controlled Goods Program requirements and be able to hold a Canadian Security Clearance.
The salary range for this role is between $ 85,009.60 and $110,000 per year plus full company paid group benefits including life insurance, dental, vision and medical coverage and short term disability insurance. RRSP matching up to 4% of salary. Wescam also offers relocation assistance and 3 weeks vacation to start for this position.
Location of work: Burlington, Ontario
649 North Service Road West
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam