9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Review and interpret newly accepted major contracts and prepare Contract Summaries for approval prior to distribution to internal departments
* Coordinate the acceptance of new contracts/purchase orders, complete customer acknowledgements and lead contract acceptance negotiations as required
* Perform or coordinate Order Entry tasks in Visual Manufacturing ERP system
* Liaise and correspond with Finance, banks, and customers with respect to letters of credit and guarantees
* Negotiate, prepare and submit documents in compliance with the LOC/LOG requirements
* Provide support to Program Management and Customer Service departments by providing guidance on international shipments with respect to logistics, VAT, duties, etc.
* Review terms and conditions and related documents and develop suggested responses to major or complex customer Request for Proposals (RFP)
* Develop and/or negotiate various agreements as required by the business (e.g. Non-Disclosures, Bailment, Licenses, Rental/ Lease Agreements, MOU/MOA, Teaming Agreements, etc.)
* Coordinate significant issues with Legal Counsel and/or L-3 Corporate Contracts, as applicable
* Provide support to Subcontracts by defining appropriate terms and prime contract flow down requirements
* Ensure preparation and submission of Offset or IRB reports and support Offset / Industry Canada IRB audits
* Identify and ensure submission of export documents / end use letters for assigned contracts
* Assist in the review and coordination of comments to new and modified Technical Assistance Agreements
* Perform other Contracts Department duties as assigned by the Director, Contracts
* Back-up to Director, Contracts
* Proficient understanding of regulations for Government procurements (SAAC, FAR, DFARS, DEFCONS, etc.)
* Sound understanding of financial and business risks related to terms and conditions
* Ability to develop sound risk assessments and create terms and conditions compliance matrix responses for complex or strategic proposals and during subsequent contract acceptance process
* Effective negotiation skills with senior stakeholders both internally and with external customers
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong organization skills and attention to detail
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively balance priorities to meet deadlines
* Good Visual Manufacturing (or ERP) or related computer skills required
Experience & Education Requirements
* Community College or Undergraduate Degree in Business or business-related fields (e.g., Administration, Management, Finance, or International Business), or equivalent experience
* 5 - 10 years experience in Contracts or Subcontracts management involving Government contracts
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, MS Outlook, Word and Excel
* Follow Us:
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam