3 months ago
This position provides Contracts & Pricing support for the Space & Missile Systems (S&MS) Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (ABMD) Program and the Arrow Program.
Position Responsibilities: Engaged member of the Contracts & Pricing team responsible for supporting the programs described above in various Contracting actions to include tasks such as the following:
* Represents the Program and Business Management teams developing proposals and transactions for review and management approvals. Includes analyses, leading briefings and reviews and obtaining required approvals from senior level business unit and company management. Submits offers and contractually commits the company within the extent of delegated authority. Serves as official company representative to the customer for all contractual transactions. Represents the company to diverse customers, including U.S. Government, commercial, international and public/private institutions and Boeing as a Subcontractor to other Prime Contractors. Develops and/or maintains effective working relationships with customer counterparts and the next level within the customer organization at a high rate of transaction frequency. Includes a lot of developmental type transactions.
* Provides contracting expertise to develop complex and creative contracting and business solutions for the entire acquisition process.
* Leads the development of contractual and pricing strategy, funding and expenditure profiles, provides proper disclosures within established company and customer policies, process, procedures and regulations.
* Provides Contracts and Pricing guidance/determinations and technical and operational leadership for the program/business management teams.
* Drafts, reviews and/or negotiates Proprietary Information Agreements or other Non-Sales Agreements necessary to meet organizational objectives and protect the intellectual and proprietary property of Boeing and its customers.
* Experience working with the Federal Acquisition Regulations and supplements for applicability, appropriateness risk, etc. Ensures compliance with legal and company requirements. Coordinates flow-down and flow-up of prime terms and conditions with supplier management.
* Prepares company funds requests and obtains required management approval.
* Advises senior leadership and serves as external spokesperson for the organization on major contracts, policies, plans and objectives.
* Maintains and enhances effective working relationships with customer counterparts and the next level within the customer organizations.
* Facilitates prompt payment and supports achievement of company financial goals and objectives. Coordinate company's position on program changes.
* Acts as focal for audits as required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Resumes must contain security clearance level and date of your last clearance investigation.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* More than 8 years of education and/or experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or other commercial contracting terms and conditions.
* More than 5 years of experience working on or supporting a proposal team and/or negotiating contracts with external customers.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* More than 3 years of experience using a manual and/or database driven contract management system.
* More than 3 years of education and/or experience drafting contracts and/or special/collateral agreements.
Bachelor's and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer degree in Finance, Business, Supply Chain Management or related field.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award