about 1 year ago
AAR CORP. is a leading provider of diverse products and services to the worldwide commercial aviation and government/defense industries.
We seek to hire an additional Manager of Commercial Contracts for airframe and engine trading within our aviation supply chain business. The position requires supply chain experience, meaningful contract drafting and editing experience with significant working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and advanced project management talents. The candidate for this position will be responsible for working with the business team to ascertain contract needs, gather necessary information, and draft, edit and review various types of contracts, agreements and other legal documents. The candidate will work with our sales and buying teams, program management, finance/accounting/tax, legal, risk management and other functional areas as necessary. The candidate will work within the contracts department in the development of best practices procedures in contracts and change management.
The candidate for this position should be a strong communicator and people person, be detail-oriented, be a very organized multi-tasker and be customer-service oriented.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
•This position is primarily for our airframe and engine trading transactions; however, the candidate will also work on various other agreements such as General Terms Agreements; Parts Purchase and Sale Agreements; Consignment Agreements; Marketing Agreements; Technical Services Agreements; Non-Disclosure Agreements; Storage Agreements; Parts Repair Agreements; Lease Agreements.
•Ascertain needs of business team/internal customer (the supply chain business purchase, sales and support groups) as contract requests are made to the supply chain contracts department; and then gather information from the business team/internal customer based on these needs so that the appropriate agreements can be prepared.
• Draft agreements based on the needs of the business team and the information gathered. The contracts may be drafted from existing templates or existing customer/vendor precedent.
•Review and edit agreements provided by the customer or vendor to ensure that they meet the needs of the business team.
•Work with finance/accounting/tax, legal, risk management, technical operations and other functional areas to ensure that agreements being drafted and edited comply with company policy and procedure.
•Understand company’s risk profile for identification of risks and concerns while drafting and reviewing agreements.
• Analyze significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure.
• Examine and compare contract documents against proposals and negotiation records for accuracy.
• Prepare and administer routine correspondence, memoranda, and contract documentation to ensure timely and coordinated submittal.
•Maintain files of current agreements and required records; populate, close and file away agreements that are completed (including physical and electronic storage).
•Track/prioritize/follow up on multiple post-closing contractual obligations.
•Assist mid- to high-level business development, contracts, and project management professionals in working with internal or external business teams on issues and developments relative to assigned contracts.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, vacation and personal/sick plan, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth. Our newly remodeled Wood Dale office also has an on-site cafeteria and fitness center. We also have the option to work from our downtown office on a reservation basis.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to draft moderate to complex, routine and non-routine contractual documents.
* Significant skill in Microsoft Word to draft, edit, review and prepare comparisons of documents for internal and external communication.
* Ability to determine the appropriate sequence of activities, dependencies or required outcomes to complete a contract or project.
* Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment under tight deadlines.
* Ability to establish clear lines of communication internally and externally to effectively progress contracting process.
* Ability to identify required improvement to established policies and to communicate implementation procedures to others.
* Use of independent judgment and creativity to solve contract issues.
* Must be able to effectively multi-task and manage high level, demanding priorities.
* Must have outstanding organizational skills and a meticulous eye for detail.
* Commitment to company values and ethics
* Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
* Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
* Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
* Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
* Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
* Independence: must have the ability to carry out and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
* Negotiating skills: must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive
* Drafting: must have significant drafting, reviewing and editing ability
* Strong judgment and decision-making ability.
* Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving.
Education and/or Experience:
* Supply chain contracting experience.
* Preference for Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office business applications.
* Must have excellent communication and people skills.
Physical Demands /Work Environment:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
* The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting.
* Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran