3 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? Consider how an internship with UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) can jumpstart your career; this is a chance to work alongside the aerospace industry's top people in some of the world's most technologically advanced facilities. It’s an exciting opportunity to take on challenging projects, integrate theory and practice, and further confirm your career choices within a highly stimulating culture. If you want to be a part of a global business that’s creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers, consider this your runway. All superstars start somewhere… are you ready to take off?
As a Contracts Intern at UTC Aerospace Systems you will support Contracts in the fulfillment of administrative tasks related to the execution of the life cycle of a contract. This may include but is not limited to cash collection and timely processing of demand management. Primary duties may include:
* Processing of customer purchase orders
* Preparation of order entry forms
* Coordination with applicable functions related to demand management
* Communication and analysis of schedule changes
* Responsibility for PO related documentation organization and retention
* Accounts receivable analysis
* Reporting and analysis of Contracts ACE activities
The Contracts Intern shall be responsible for:
* SAP Metrics
* Streamlining Contracts filing and record retention
* Creating a Non-Disclosure Agreement Database for Electric Power Systems
* Supporting Contracts ACE activities including the QCPC team in data collection, analysis, dissemination and improvement efforts
* Auditing and updating Contracts Logs for accuracy and completeness.
* Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework by May 1, 2018.
* GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
* Must be willing to work 40 hours per week throughout the Summer.
* Strong Excel skills
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
* Critical/strategic thinking ability
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
* Teamwork & Collaboration
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a business related field (ie. engineering, finance, etc.).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.