8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support the development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company’s success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
UTC Aerospace Systems is a global supplier of systems and services in the aerospace and defense markets with one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry. The Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS) division located in Vergennes, Vermont has a full-time position for a Contract Administrator.
The Contracts Administrator is responsible for the performance of activities relating to the negotiation of contract terms and conditions for new and existing contracts, creation, and negotiation of contracts and special agreements, contract flow down, negotiation of claims and settlements for labor and material costs, and customer account management. This may include audit, control, or liaison functions with both suppliers and customers. The Contracts Manager will provide overall contract compliance to standard procedure.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
* Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
* Support Contract Managers on the creation of positions and strategy on business terms with a focus on mitigating contract liability and risk by driving solid negotiating solutions
* Engage in proposal and contract position review at RFP phase and prior to customer submittal
* Establish solid customer relationships by utilizing excellent reading comprehension and communication skills
* Contract review and customer flow down
* Nondisclosure Agreement review
* Supporting commercial item assertions
* Work closely with Customer Service Representatives, Program Management and Business Development to assure overall compliance to contract review, contract flow down and overall contractual requirements.
* Other duties as assigned by supervision
Level of Responsibility:
* Individual contributor
* Complete tasks at the direction of a Contracts Manager
* Responsible for complying with direction and objectives in alignment with business unit goals and objectives
* Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their knowledge of one or more functional areas of administration activities
Qualification: Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Education: Basic Qualifications
* BA/BS degree
* 1-2 years of contract administration experience or procurement
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
* FARs/DFARs experience a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.