7 months ago
The Contract Administrator monitors full compliance with terms and conditions of standard and non-standard contracts. Coordinates with Contracts Manager to effectively administer, invoice, and close-out contracts.
Participates in proposal preparation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
Examines estimates of direct labor, material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Coordinates the preparation and transmission of data deliverables; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information through electronic and hard-copy filing systems.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following duties. Additional essential functions may be identified by the organization and listed as such in the incumbent's performance appraisal elements.
Various tasks may be assigned under each essential function. Those that are listed under the examples of work are not all inclusive; they are examples only and may be amended or added to as needed by the organization.
* May prepare cost proposals in response to government request
* Coordinates contract modifications with Contracts Management and the U.S. Government
* Prepares bids, contract reports, and data items for transmittal to customers
* Interfaces with company cost and sales accounting system (SAP) to record and maintain contract information
* Coordinates billing process
* Compiles and tracks contract/program data
* Maintains contract historical information in both electronic and hard-copy files
* Conducts contract compliance audits
* Complete contract close-out activities
Incumbent performs other job-related tasks as assigned and required; any duties/tasks included in the employee's performance evaluation elements are essential to that employee's position within the job classification.
Related Bachelor’s degree with 0 years experience
* Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS required
* Understanding of the Service Contract Act is a plus
* A cost estimating background will be very helpful to the successful candidate
* Knowledge of SAP would be very beneficial
* Highly developed reading comprehension and writing skills
Advanced skills in Microsoft EXCEL required. Active/current use of other MS Office applications is expected
* Demonstrated customer service skills
* Must be able to work in a team environment; receive and execute assigned tasks with quality results and in a timely manner
* Requires only general supervision, demonstrates good judgment and quality work
* Organizational skills are critical to success
* Minimal travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; travel. Other duties as assigned may require lifting objects.
Essential functions of this job are performed within a community office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, expeditionary maintenance, and quick response staffing support.
We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply. We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance.
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future.
Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Jan 19, 2018, 11:21:38 PM
: Contracts Administration