14 days ago
Contract Specialist Crew Scheduling
Post Begin Date
5 days ago(6/7/2018 8:55 AM)
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Responsible for analyzing, documenting, and reporting on inquiries from SWAPA, Base Chief Pilots, the FAA and other internal and external groups. Provide guidance and interpretations to Schedulers and Pilots to assure all Southwest Airlines flights are staffed in compliance with Company, contractual and regulatory requirements. Maintain advanced knowledge of the FARs and Pilot contractual rules, pay calculations and the use of scheduling related computer systems.
* Provide Positively Outrageous Service and communicate effectively with others.
* Defuse and resolve difficult situations.
* Complete all Company and CFAR required training. Read, understand and apply Company email directives and changes to policy.
* Have a thorough knowledge of all the Planning and Scheduling related provisions of the SWAPA CBA.
* Have a thorough understanding of CFAR Part 117 (Flight and Duty Limitations and Rest), Crew Scheduling and Pay sections of the collective bargaining agreement and Scheduling related company policies.
* Familiarity with international procedures including passports, master crew list and more.
* Thorough understanding of the Crew Scheduling systems. Familiarity with crew related functions of the Dispatch and Ground Ops systems.
* In depth knowledge of the Pilot version of the Crew Scheduling System.
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* High school diploma or equivalency required.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
* 4 years of combined customer service or hospitality related experience. Experience in a Crew Scheduler III role required.
* Minimum one (1) year previous computer experience utilizing multiple computer programs to perform job duties.
* Previous experience in a fast-paced, multi-variable influenced, critical thinking position.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Must be able to work well with others as part of a Team.
* Must be able to demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of the job and a positive attitude even in difficult situations.
* Must have demonstrated expertise with all Crew Scheduling applications.
* Must have the ability to come to a conclusion on situations where the FARs and contract language are not explicit.
* Coordinate with Scheduling Supervisors and Scheduling Management to ensure consistent application and interpretation of regulations, contractual rules, policies and procedures.
* Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by email, telephone, records keeping systems and in person.
* Must be able to perform mathematical computations using decimals and/or hours and minutes, both with and without a calculator.
* Ability to read and comprehend complex written documents including federal regulations, labor contracts and company material.
* Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions; learn, understand and follow office policies and procedures.
* Must have judgment sufficient to handle and resolve complex administrative tasks without direct supervision.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills.
* Must be able to work under tight time constraints and in high stress situations to accomplish assignments.
* Must be able to maintain focus on tasks at hand while working in a busy and distracting environment.
* Must be a self-starter and able to complete tasks on time with little supervision.
* Must be able to work extended hours if needed.
* Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?