10 months ago
Keyword: Contract Specialist
Request Number: PRC
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 5711-Sm / Sm / Go&S Strategic Contracts
Division: Supply Management
Sector: Procurement & Logistics
Posting Start Date: 2017-07-17
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada is looking for a Contract Specialist to join our team in our offices in Longueuil. As a Contract Specialist you will have to prepare, negotiate draft and close commercial agreements with our different suppliers. You will be expected to provide resolution of business issues by identifying contract solutions and recommending a course of action. You will also advise and represent the organization on issues concerning contract matters. You must be rigorous, have strong negotiations skills and have a minimum of five to ten years’ contract experience.
Specific responsibilities of position: As a contract Specialist you will:
- Prepare, negotiate, draft and close commercial agreements with suppliers, at all times ensuring compliance with company’s ethics, policies and procedures;
- Lead / support commercial and contract strategy development and negotiations with suppliers;
- Review supplier proposals, contract terms and conditions, statements of work;
- Assist in resolution of contract disputes and / or commercial issues;
- Provide strategic recommendations to all levels of management;
- Implement contract strategy in support of business interests.
Qualifications required: - Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five to ten years’ experience managing and negotiating significant contracts and commercial agreements for a large multinational company;
- Ability to draft contracts and official letters;
- Experience in supply management is a strong asset;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Outstanding oral/ written communication in English and proficient in French;
- Confident, persuasive and challenge driven;
- Strong sense of urgencies, priorities and detail oriented.
Field of studies: Legal, Supply Chain Management, Engineering
Additional Information: Do you have experience in contract management? Trading is one of your strengths and you are recognized for your rigor and attention to detail? Do you want to work in a multinational company? Do not wait any longer and submit your application for the Contract Specialist position!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.