7 months ago
Reporting to the Manager of Repair and Overhaul, the Team Leader Repair & Overhaul will be responsible for the overall repair activity/throughput within the Repair and Overhaul shop on the second shift. As well as the day-to-day co-ordination and control of repair/overhaul, the job is also intended to be a catalyst for improvements in operating practices leading to significant improvements in visual management, delivery performance, quality, cost and turnaround time. The incumbent will also ensure compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
* • Achieve departmental targets for Delivery Performance, Quality, and budgets.
* • Ensure achievement of a high standard of shop organization, control, housekeeping and safety.
* • Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to support Business Initiative targets including Visual Management.
* • Identify technical issues in conjunction with Engineering.
* • Develop procedures and ensure compliance.
* • Labour relations administration and problem solving.
* • Develop teamwork and improve motivation.
* • Ensure personnel receive the training required by Transport Canada and our internal procedures.
* • University degree or College diploma in Business Administration, Operations or Engineering or equivalent.
* • Minimum 5 years experience in a supervisory role.
* • Excellent organizational and communicational skills.
* • Experience managing/supervising in a unionized environment would be an asset.
* • Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* • Understanding of and experience working with Regulatory standards.
* • Support requirements outside normal working hours
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.