11 months ago
The Construction Manager assists in the management of sound insulation construction project. The employee inspects construction job, processes bid documents, conducts pre and post construction meetings weekly, warranties and approves requisitions with on site manager, assists in field change order evaluations, and consultant in construction practices with local officials and General Contractors.
Role and responsibilities:
- Keep weekly records of the project at hand.
- Monitors the workers in the field; personalities, behavior and appearance with homeowners.
- Supervises demolition projects for residential homes. Meet with the on site manager daily.
- Oversees sound insulation construction progress and monitors contractor’s compliance with plans and specifications.
- Processes construction submittals and requisitions.
- Reviews construction/demolition plans and specifications.
- Consultant on mechanical and code issues for sound insulation of residences and schools.
- On-Site Project Manager for residential sound insulation
- Initiates homeowner contact and explains sound insulation participation to homeowner.
- Acts as homeowner liaison on construction process and sound insulation program.
Education/Experience: Selected applicant must have a High School Diploma and at least eight (8) years of related experience. This position will allow for various combinations of relevant education and experience using a one (1) year of education for one (1) year of experience substitution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A candidate with knowledge of airport operations and construction methods/processes will be preferred.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.