5 months ago
PAL Aerospace is a proud partner of Airbus Defence & Space for the Government of Canada’s Fixed Wing Search and Rescue (FWSAR) aircraft replacement program. PAL Aerospace will be responsible for large elements of the In-Service Support covering many aspects of the maintenance work not undertaken by Royal Canadian Air Force technicians. It will include high value work such as repairs, 2nd and 3rd level maintenance, future modification work and depot level maintenance of the aircraft.
This significant and exciting project will pave the way for innovation and opportunity within PAL Aerospace, while growing our operations. In an effort to expand our current team, PAL Aerospace is currently looking for a Configuration Manager in Ottawa, ON.
The Configuration Manager will be accountable to the ILS Manager for all configuration issues related to the initial configuration baseline and continued airworthiness of the CC295.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
* Support the DND Configuration Control Authority (CCA), the DND CC295 WSM.
* Learn and master Airbus Configuration Management tools
* Support Airbus in the development of the Configuration Management System
* Manage the Configuration Control Program
* Represent AirPro at customer Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings.
* Completion of a post-secondary degree focused on engineering or a related discipline;
* Proven leadership capabilities with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Aerospace Configuration Management and ideally, experience with the Canadian Technical Airworthiness Authority (TAA).
* Extensive understanding of Logistic Support Analysis;
* A disciplined and methodical approach in the management of CC295 characteristics and changes;
* A strong level of operational IT knowledge is essential;
* Superb written and oral communication skills; bilingualism would be considered an asset;
* The ability to be flexible in travelling internationally for training would be essential at the onset of this role.