about 1 year ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
For more information on the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be accomplished
The role of the CM Coordinator refers to the administration & coordination of the Configuration Management (CM) activities related to the preparation of the ECOs for the Change Implementation Board (CIB), the development of the implementation plans, the execution of effectivities that support the priorities assigned at the CRB meetings, and ensuring the integrity of the product configuration information.
* Manage approved Enterprise Change Requests (ECR); prepare, organize and prioritize the Enterprise Change Orders (ECO) for their implementation;
* Determine how approved ECRs shall be grouped for implementation;
* Review impact analysis on complex changes to both documents and physical items, and ensure the change is incorporated at the required effectivity;
* Prepare a physical item and document impact matrix for each complex ECR.
* Coordinate and chair CIB meetings; participate in CRB and Operation status meetings;
* Supervise the “As-Planed” records.
* Systematically capture, record, and validate the product configuration information in the PDM tool, ensuring accurate traceability of product configurations;
* Review and apply deviations/waivers to the As- Planed records;
* Regular interaction with internal and external customers to provide input and support on CM matters;
* Support the development/implementation of the departmental projects;
Skills and Attributes Required
* Strong attention to detail and a schedule driven mind set;
* Good Interpersonal skills and able to communicate efficiently;
* Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties;
* Willingness to embrace change, with a drive to champion the implementation of quality / continuous improvement initiatives;
* Comfortable and effective within a fast paced business environment with rapidly changing, or at times, competing priorities;
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively balance priorities to meet deadlines;
* Demonstrated capability of working under tight timelines
* Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment;
* High level of self-motivation, energy and tenacity;
Experience & Education Requirements
* College Diploma in Business or Technology Program, or equivalent
* Minimum two years of experience in Configuration Management, or Scheduling/Planning Environment,
* Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, concepts, practices and CM standards (CM Industry standard EIA-649, ISO10007 etc.);
* CMII/CMPIC, APICS certification;
* Ability to interpret engineering documentation and processes;
* Skilled with physical item hierarchy (bills of materials) tools;
* Able to effectively evaluate & assess impact of change;
* Knowledge of automated CM support tools (PLM/ ERP systems);
* Ability to obtain and maintain Controlled Goods Program clearance;
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam