7 months ago
KBRwyle is seeking a Computer Programmer whose primary responsibilities will include writing and coding individual programs. The individual will have a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. Responsibilities include:
• Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications,
• Integrate software components and third-party programs,
• Maintain and improve the performance of existing software,
• Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues ,
• Design and update software database,
• Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization,
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting, and
• Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
Education: A BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is required.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Three (3) or more years of design, development or prototyping experience is desired. Preferred applicant will have demonstrated experience in design, code and test software based upon software specifications. The preferred candidate will have C and C++ development for Linux (e.g., comfortable with C and C++ development in a Linux environment). Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively is a plus.
The following are requirements for this position:
• Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role,
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies,
• Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment,
• Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks,
• Ability to learn new languages and technologies,
• Excellent communication skills,
• Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude,
• Attention to detail
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.