11 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The B/E Information Technology team strives to bring cutting-edge technology and first-class service to keep our business running efficiently.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Computer Ops Admin II in our Corporate IT function, located in Everett, Washington.
Reporting to the Manager of Computer Operations, the Computer Operations Administrator II will provide the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, applications and related components. He/she will focus on hardware and software aspects of the operational computer systems, as well as monitor computer system performance and security to ensure the business requirements are continuously being met at agreed and acceptable levels of performance, security, and availability.
* Supports, maintains, develops and troubleshoots the operational network computer and telecommunication systems and related hardware and software components
* Performs hardware and software installations, upgrades and maintenance of network computer systems, components and applications
* Provides and implements proactive measures to improve the performance, security and/or availability of computer (operating) systems, components and applications or to reduce costs
* Provides assistance and support to other Administrators in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving (remote) computer system and software problems
* Analyzes and solves complex problems of network (operating) system hardware and software components.
* Monitors and documents computer (operating) systems, applications and hardware operational statistics (usage, performance, security/access, errors, availability, etc.)
* Assists Senior Administrators and external vendors in developing and enhancing the network computer systems, operating systems, applications and components
* Works closely with the Network Administrators to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot local area networks and components
* Ensures business data and systems are adequately protected and backed up in accordance with existing procedures and guidelines
* Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains end-user systems and applications
* Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains server computer systems and applications
* Provides systems and applications support to end-users
* Remains up-to-date with the latest relevant technology developments to ensure industry best practices and developments are known and investigated for applicability for the company
* Participates in projects with other IT departments and/or external vendors
* Performs other related duties as required
* Associate's degree in IT, Computer Systems, Business or other related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in an IT site support position -OR- an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience using Windows XP, 7
* Ability to meet physical demands of the position
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
* Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Systems, Business or other related field and three (3) years of experience in IT site support positions -OR- equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to work on multiple projects at once
* Strong and effective customer service skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.