6 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES) is a division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our EMPOWER® product line. We are also a leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our COREPOWER® product line. Astronics' revenues have grown at 28% average growth rate over the last 5 years. AES, based in Kirkland Washington, has over 500 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 11 years consecutively.
The Component Engineer 3 works under the Electrical Design Support group in the Engineering Services department to support Design Engineering and Procurement to optimize the selection and qualification of purchased electrical, electro-mechanical and mechanical components for our products, as well as minimizing supply chain risk by identifying secondary, qualified manufacturing sources. A candidate for this role should be an experienced, senior engineer able not to just work independently but also to lead cross-functional teams and mentor junior engineers and technicians. The key performance objectives for this position are described below:
* Strong collaboration with Electrical Engineers to research, recommend, and specify electrical components or alternates sources of supply, for both Development and Production. Timely action and clear, concise two-way communication (of needs and constraints) is critical to provide good service to internal customers.
* Conduct part stress (derating) analysis of components in Development and efficiently employ the data in collaboration with Electrical Engineering. Timely and efficient completion of derating analysis of components, as well as the systematic aggregation of the data, will aid in more effective electrical design and product development.
* Investigate component failures to determine root cause and recommend alternate components or course of action to mitigate program schedule / production impact. Systematic root cause analysis coupled with timely recommendations for alternate components or mitigating actions will greatly benefit both Development and Production programs.
* Clear alignment with AES Values and Behaviors. As a member of a support group which interacts with many different company functions, alignment with the AES culture will ensure a positive and productive internal customer experience.
In summary, the successful candidate will have a significant impact to the growth of Astronics. This is an exciting position within a dynamic company that is excited about the long-term growth of aircraft electrical power systems and the long-term career development that can coincide with that growth.
* Requires bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) field and 7 years of Component or Electrical Engineering experience with experience in the aerospace/aviation industry.
Broad knowledge of microelectronic component parts and technologies. Familiarity with materials and manufacturing processes typically used in OEM electronics production. Awareness of industry and military standards which may be applicable to these components.
Knowledge of common practices related to obsolescence and Part Change Notifications (PCNs), as well as familiarity with component database services such as Information Handling Services (IHS), Silicon Expert, or Government / Industry Program (GIDEP) Data Exchange.
Skilled at systematic problem-solving, root cause analysis, and failure testing.
Experience or familiarity with component qualification testing and part stress (derating) analysis.
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system experience
Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Astronics AES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.