3 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position is a component of the department’s strategy to support internal compliance and anti-fraud efforts at Air Canada. The Compliance Auditor will conduct internal reviews to evaluate possible non-compliance with internal standards and policies, and will assist in formulating relevant recommendations. The individual will take active part in reviews, assessments (including anti-fraud) and investigations under the direction of ARC’s senior management.
Reporting to the Director/Sr. Manager responsible for Ethics, Fraud & Internal Compliance, the position requires the individual to support the following activities of ARC’s functions:
Participate in the planning and performance of assigned compliance reviews and audits, to evaluate adherence to policy by employees across the Air Canada system
Conduct internal investigations for cases of suspected ethical violations or fraud, as assigned by the Director/Sr. Manager responsible for Ethics, Fraud & Internal Compliance
Prepare final drafts of compliance or internal investigation reports, including detailed evidence and supporting documentation
Optimize personal work schedule to ensure completion of all files in the most efficient and economical manner
Utilize data analytic tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the reviews, audits and investigations assigned
Prepare documentation to be included in the quarterly report of the Head of Corporate Audit & Advisory
Maintain log/database of special investigations and ethics cases handled in the department
Monitor communications with business units and field offices, to assist in identification of red flags related to internal control weaknesses, fraud or ethics issues
Remain current with the development of fraud detection and prevention strategies relevant to Air Canada
Support other functions in ARC, including participating in Business Audits, Field Audits, 52-109 activities, and other support functions as assigned
Due to the high degree of confidentiality associated with this function, the Compliance Auditor must be able to apply high professional judgment, superior communication skills and absolute discretion at all times
* University degree in Business or related discipline
* Strong business acumen, understanding of internal controls and compliance processes
* Experience using Air Canada internal systems: RESIII, PeopleSoft, PRA, Direct Marketing (DM), Teradata, etc; and other systems of information
* Sound knowledge of Labour Relations principles or at least three (3) years of experience performing workplace investigations in an unionized environment)
* Strong analytical skills, and ability to work independently
* Excellent communication skills, ability to prepare communications intended for Senior Management
* Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
* Experience with data analytics tools (ACL and/or IDEA) will be an asset
* A professional designation in the areas of: Internal Auditing, Fraud Examination, Control Self-Assessment or similar will be a definite asset (e.g. CIA, CFE, CSSA)
* Ability to travel 40 to 50% of the time, including internationally, often on a short notice
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Finance/ Accounting / Audit