9 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
1. Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability. Prepares statements of work for items proposed for procurement. Develops potential bidders lists and formal requests for quotation or proposal.
2. Establish strategy and bring operations, cross functional stake holders engagement and concurrence to sourcing strategy; execute strategy and sourcing projects through thorough sourcing toll gate process.
3. Conducts should cost analysis, build costed BOM, evaluate various manufacturing alternates to bring cost and lead time solutions and support Stratoflex new program and new product development team.
4. Proactively manage supplier relationship, create contractual commitments, reduce risk for delivery and quality through creating capacity, fixing root cause and implementing permanent corrective actions. Engage strategic suppliers and improve supplier responsiveness to meet operations and business needs.
5. Implement engineering change revisions, sourcing transition projects with thorough plan for ramp up and ramp down; Manage and control cost, conduct PPI analysis and establish strategy to drive continuous cost reduction initiatives through value add and value engineering initiatives, optimize productivity through product standardization and consolidating part family and volumes with strategic suppliers.
6. Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria. May support or lead supplier certification surveys as part of a technical and/or quality team.
7. Evaluates proposals from potential suppliers. Selects suppliers for a variety of highly complex or technical materials, supplies or services and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
8. Negotiates final terms and conditions of purchase, awards and administers the procurement contract to conclusion. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned area. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. May include orders with international suppliers and/or subcontractors involving import/export trade.
9. Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Determines and implements corrective actions to resolve impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates inspections, substitutions, and standardization by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
10. Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
11. Monitors and evaluates supplier's ability to meet all company and government or commercial procurement requirements and ensure that the pertinent technical and quality issues receive adequate attention in order to assure compliance.
12. Prepares complex reports and analyses by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
13. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems. Develops, coordinates, and implements improvement initiatives with key suppliers. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
15. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
16. May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
17. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high-level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Strategic supplier relationship management on assigned commodities, implementing sourcing strategies to support current and new programs; continuous cost improvement at sub-tier through leveraging spend, relationship and strategy execution. Contract & Long Term Agreement management, brining supplier agreement and engagement on lean initiatives in procurement / supply chain – reducing working capital through inventory reduction, extending supplier payment term, optimizing minimum order quantity and lead time improvement. Familiar in machining vendors, material treatment and finish conditions.
Obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through developing supply base strategy and long term supplier relationship. Identifies manufacturing needs, identifies and selects suppliers, negotiates contracts, and arranges delivery. Purchases critical, complex and/or high dollar parts, equipment, services, and materials.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of increasingly responsible related experience. Certificate in Purchasing Management (CPM) or APICS desired.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status is required for this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of purchasing and negotiating methods, principles and concepts. Knowledge of industry practices, general business operations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement. Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement principles and techniques. Proficient with standard business application software and specialized purchasing and/or materials systems (e.g. electronic data interface (EDI) or manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems). Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs. Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams. Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and recommend changes to procedures. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders, and top management. Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Overnight, long distance travel may be required, based on the individual needs of the position.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)