11 months ago
The New American Airlines is working to create the greatest airline in the world. American is again strong, profitable and competitive. As we build momentum we are looking for people who want to be part of the vision.
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
The new American is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
The Commodity Manager position is an interesting, challenging and strategic position focusing on continuous improvement within a dynamic, profitable, industry leading company. Commodity Managers lead supplier sourcing/selection activities and successfully manage the supplier relationship to ensure supply chains deliver quality goods and services in a timely manner and cost effectively. Opportunities may be available in several different areas; Corporate Purchasing, Human Resources Vendor Management, Information Technology Vendor Management and Technical Operations Procurement. American Airlines offers a robust benefits package, including travel privileges for employees, family and friends.
- Represents the company and serves as the principal commercial intermediary in business transactions with both internal and external organizations
- Creates, negotiates, implements and manages long term purchase agreements while effectively developing and promoting strategic partnerships with suppliers
- Accountable for managing the cost of products and services while acting in a leadership/facilitator role as the manager of product/service and supplier strategies
- Performs all required strategic sourcing functions, from establishing internal stakeholder requirements to the completion of acceptable purchase contracts that brings measurable value to the corporation
- Responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive strategic programs which meet the needs of the internal stakeholders while addressing pricing, acquisition, total cost, lead-time and supply
American Airlines Procurement & Supply Chain College Recruitment focuses on providing participants with career growth opportunities, including on-the-job training and the ability to move around the department. An ideal candidate will have:
- A potential team leader with strong customer orientation
- Ability/flexibility to negotiate and mediate
- Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks with exhibited follow through and initiative.
- Advanced business understanding particularly in project management, commodity markets, early supplier involvement, total cost management and financial analysis
- Understanding and use of technical tools for analysis, problem solving, forecasting and quality improvement
- Skilled in organizational and interpersonal dealings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High ethical standards
- Self- starter with high sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Moderate to extensive travel
- Work experience demonstrating knowledge and application of these requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Requisition ID: 10549
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Supply Chain Manager, Marketing Manager, Supply, Procurement, Manager, Operations, Marketing, Management