11 months ago
* • Manage a dedicated portfolio of Suppliers
* • Manage the relationship from the sourcing up to the contract management during the life of the Contract
* • Accountable for the relationship with each supplier of the allocated panel
* • Accountable for the cost reduction plan with the Supplier panel
* • Contribute to set up, then formalize and execute the Commodity strategy
* • Create and update purchasing conditions/terms in the ERP system ( SAP)
* • Actively work to increase the maturity level of the Supplier panel to the required level
* • Lead the deployment of the “One stop shop” suppliers for the North America area.
* • Manage liquidated damages request when suppliers are not performing
* • Identify Cost reduction opportunities and manage the cost reduction plan
* • Prepare and participate to the CQPS/CQPG review to launch/add/ remove suppliers qualifications
* • Work closely to the Production department to support them in their purchasing strategy and daily issues
* • Internal team communication that is in line with Commodity Strategy
* • Interface with other functions on all Sites, and act as Purchasing focal point for the Supplier panel allocated
* • Support the commodity Buyer in charge of the reach project to deploy the new regulation within the supply chain
* • Resolve daily issues
* • A relevant University Degree and/or APICS, CPIM or CIRM/PMAC Certification.
* • Experience working in a manufacturing environment, international experience in Aerospace preferred or in Mechanical Industrial Engineering; 5-10 years Machine Parts Purchasing experience
* • Experience in leading Projects within multi-functional teams.
* • Familiarity with Contracts, contract language and the ability to negotiate various types of contracts with suppliers
* • Purchasing process leadership skills
* • Strong negotiation skills
* • Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a team environment and represent the Purchasing function within the Supplier
* • High working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and SAP
* • Experience with accounting and financial principles
* • Production control process knowledge, MRP and Flow Management.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.