4 months ago
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to support the operations by developing and managing the Supply Chain, which ensures program success.
* Interface with Operations and Commodity Planners to identify opportunities and improvement targets with the requisition to release strategy.
* Represent Commodity Buyers and Subcontract Administrators supporting New Product Integration releases from Engineering.
* Analyze material requisitions in support of the division’s business plan.
* Prepare Request for Quotations to suppliers and solicit per requirements.
* Analyze quotes to ensure best cost, quality, and schedule.
* Negotiate with suppliers for fair and reasonable placement.
* Must be able to write a clear and thorough price analysis of award.
* Monitor supplier’s delivery commitments and work with them to ensure contract is met.
* Interface with Operations, Planning, and Engineering to support material acquisitions.
* Build and maintain constructive, professional relationships with Customers and Suppliers while adhering to Supply Chain policies and procedures.
* Manage supply base implementing and adhering to contract, FAR/DFAR requirements, and public law.
* Work with the Critical Commodity Teams and Supplier Development Engineer to develop new suppliers as needed for increased capacity, new technology, exiting or poor performing suppliers, etc., as required.
* Ensure compliance with program and FAR requirements and subcontract terms and conditions.
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively interact at various levels within an organization with a logical and organized approach
* Understanding of Supply Chain, Operations, and Quality functions
* Knowledge of FARs/DFARs
* Intimate knowledge of ERP configuration, manufacturing processes, and systems
* Ability to drive teamwork between groups and across functional teams
* Strategic planning/thinking skills, coupled with analytical and execution skills
* Ability to recognize and implement process improvement changes
* Demonstrated experience and success working in a fast paced, matrix environment satisfying multiple customers
* UTC Aerospace Core Foundation Competencies including Ethics, Integrity, Values & Trust
* Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
* BA/BS degree w/2+ years- experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.