8 months ago
StandardAero is presenting an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Coating Technician. This individual will be responsible for the preparation, electroplating and heat treatment of aircraft components.
Working directly with the StandardAero team and internal customers, this role provides an excellent opportunity for career development, and application of existing electroplating skills to streamline and to improve processes using LEAN tools. The job description provides further details on the responsibilities of the position, and the skills that will be developed.
-Inspects incoming parts and reviews process instructions.
-Prepares and mixes plating solutions according to formulas and specifications and under guidance from the Chemical Process Technologist/Engineer.
- Masks parts in preparation for plating process.
- Operates furnaces and uses acids to remove diffused coatings and/or operates and controls electroplating equipment (chrome, nickel, tin, copper, cadmium, silver, AEP) to coat metal and other parts. Controls heat, rate of flow, plating, voltage, current, air agitation, amount of deposit and spacing of anodes.
- Operates hot-dip metal plating equipment to coat metal and other objects.
- Operates automatic metal coating machine which conveys objects through a series of cleaning, rinsing and plating solutions.
- Checks proper thickness of plating using micrometers, calipers or related devices prior to and after applying coating or inspects for coating loss in accordance with the applicable manuals.
- Cleans and maintains plating tanks and equipment.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Attainment of applicable process stamp(s).
- Strong aptitude for math and chemistry.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer's manuals and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.