3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Senior Staff Engineer will drive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification processes. Own supplier results, drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans where needed. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
Additionally, as the Senior Staff Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
* Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development
* Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
* SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Work together with high level business leaders EB level and above
* Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
* Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
* Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
* Advise Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures within own field
* Contribute to project as a team member or leads small projects
* Bachelor's degree from in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality, Engineering, or Manufacturing
* 8 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
* Experience with GE Aviation Thermal spray coating systems and GE Aviation Engineering Specifications
* Proficient within Microsoft Office and a variety of online digital tools to track quality progress
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Familiar with GE Aviation Quality system and Six Sigma Analytics
* Familiar with GE Aviation Special Process Technology Center
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts, North Carolina; Lynn, Ashville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.