3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The CNC Programmer will support the CNC programming and machine operations for the manufacturing floor.
In addition you will :
* Develop multi-axis N / C processes for aircraft engine hardware (i.e., machining programs, machine tooling and associated equipment) to process improvement efforts
* Set up and operation of machine tool equipment (both N / C and standard-types) to support development cell activities
* Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce development hardware
* Perform in-process dimensional checks, including CMM operations / set up
* Expedite hardware in areas other than development cell
* Generate NC Programs from Unigraphics or other CAD / CAM packages
* Support production
* Troubleshoot process issues
* Create process planning and support revisions of production planning as appropriate for process changes
* Provide direction to other employees involved with development and production
* Data collection, analysis and dissemination
* Associate’s Degree in Machining, Engineering, Programming or other related technical field from an accredited school or institution (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in trouble-shooting and set-up of CNC / NC machines)
* Minimum of 5 years N / C machining experience on multiple types of equipment
* Oral and written communication skills
* Proven ability in interfacing with various levels of management, support groups (i.e., Design Engineering and Project) and shop floor workforce
* Computer programming experience and Computer Aided Design experience
* Higher level mathematics work
* CMM Inspection or other digital equipment operation experience
* Computer skills using such applications as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* 3D Modeling experience
* Proven NC machine / shop skills
* Proven ability in working with minimal supervision and direction - self-starter
* Competency in shop mathematics (geometry and trigonometry)
* Experience in tooling and fixturing design
* Proficient blueprint reading skills (geometric tolerances)
* N / C programming experience (APT, UG / NX or other structured systems)
* Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others
* Ability to receive guidance and supervision;
* follow work rules
* safety practices
* work procedures
* meet deadlines
* and attendance standards, etc.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Alabama; Auburn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.