4 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
CNC Programmer (PECO)
Astronics-PECO, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
In support of our growth, we are seeking to add a CNC Programmer to our Precision Team.
The purpose of this position is to setup and program CNC equipment, to ensure product meets customer specifications, meet customer demand, and maintain cost standards and parts per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Quote and Estimate job costs.
* Interprets specifications and maintains liaisons with Engineering and Sales.
* Design and make tooling and fixtures to manufacture parts.
* Setup and program all CNC machines.
* Studies blueprints, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
* Operates micrometers, dial and digital calipers, veneer and thread gauges, go/no-go pins and other measuring tools and equipment.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control as required.
* Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
* Visually inspects surfaces for flaws and smoothness and makes adjustments accordingly.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly.
* Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Reports consistently to work and is on time. Able to work an eight- hour shift and any overtime as required.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCES:
* High school diploma or equivalent desired. Three or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
* Must have CNC programming and set up skills. Must be able to design and build fixtures. Experience with vertical and horizontal mills.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral, and diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
* Ability to apply concepts of such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
* Possess good working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing as it applies to machined product.
* Ability to interpret complex product drawings and determine best method of machining (appropriate machine, tooling and fixturing) to ensure optimal efficiency and adherence to customer quality specifications.
* Ability to set-up machine (fixturing, tool offsets, Program call-up and validation, etc.) with minimal guidance in accordance with specified time standards, while ensuring defect free production.
* Ability to set-up in-process inspection gages (including choosing the right gage for the right application) and fixturing to allow process monitoring and early defect detection.
* Ability to perform appropriate shop math calculations.
* Demonstrate desire for continuous improvement.
Competitive benefits for this union position include medical benefits, pension, paid vacation and 11 paid holidays. PECO is a drug free work environment requiring all employees to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Local candidates are preferred.
PECO is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.