8 months ago
Seeking 5 Axis CNC Programmer for assignment in Little Rock, AR. Will be working on a HAAS 5 axis machine.
* Evaluates engineering drawings/3D models and determines the most cost effective method of machining including developing tooling and holding fixtures as necessary.
* Programs CNC machines, using post processors data such as MasterCam and Catia to produce a wide variety of machine parts working from engineering 3D models, 2D drawings/graphics, sketches and verbal instructions.
* Determines dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools and program machine speeds and feed rates to provide for maximum production.
* Communicates the intent of the CNC program/sequence of setup to CNC Operators and resolves constraint issues between Design and Production.
* Performs CATIA part searches, analyze discrepancies which may require discussions with engineering and/or planning.
* Provides set-up instructions and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
* Revises program to eliminate errors, omissions or engineering revision.
* Communicates engineering errors, via documented process
* Uses micrometers, depth gages, calipers and other measuring tools (measure parts) to determine if they are per approved engineering data (3D models or 2D drawing/graphic).
* Acts as technical specialist between engineering and planning in the development of the part to be manufactured.
* Determine material sizes to be used by planning in the machining of the parts to maximize production.
* Saves/Updates programming data file on company designated drive for backup capability and access by other programmers.
* Observes all safety procedures when developing program to ensure safe operation of the machines.
Follow us to receive the latest
job openings, news and more!