10 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) serves the world's aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. We work side-by-side with customers, integrating our array of power, connectivity, lighting, structure, interior, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, we've delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
CNC Operator (PECO)
PECO-Astronics is one of the Pacific Northwest's premier custom product manufacturers and we are seeking a CNC Operator to meet production demand. This union position includes competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, pension, paid vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following duties and others as assigned.
* Studies blueprints, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control as required.
* Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
* Operates micrometers, dial and digital calipers, veneer and thread gauges, go/no-go pins and other measuring tools and equipment.
* Visually inspects surfaces for flaws and smoothness and makes adjustments accordingly.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly.
* Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Empties chip bins.
* Sweeps and cleans work area and equipment.
* Reports consistently to work and is on time. Able to work all hours, as assigned, including OT when necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Displays understanding of PECO's Quality Policy; is thorough, accurate and carefully attends to detail; completes tasks and responds to issues in a timely manner; delivers results and manages projects according to established timelines; completes tasks according to standards; seeks ways to exceed standards and improve work quality.
* Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* One to two years of previous CNC experience and/or training is required.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Computer skills required.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to perform basic math computations such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.