9 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Our Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art business jet seats are showcased on regional, business, major OEMs, and custom private aircraft. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Pilatus, Embraer, Dassault, Bombardier, Gulfstream and custom customers such as Airbus, Lufthansa, and Jet Aviation. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
This is an entry-level position that produces machined aircraft components under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive machining operations and processes. The person must be self-motivated and can work independently or within a team.
* Produces machined components using CNC or manual machine tools
* Performs routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance
* Must be able to accurately read blueprints and comprehend standard operating procedures
* Must possess good communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
* Set up, adjust and operate machine tools with limited supervision
* Perform cleaning, organizing, and preventative maintenance
* Inspect and measure product using precision measuring tools
* Participates in all team stand-ups
* Abides by UTAS safety guidelines and seeks to eliminate EH&S safety risks and hazards
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
* Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
* May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
* Focus on compliance with requirements and satisfying customers by achieving “zero defect” quality.
* Reads and understands English
* Set up tools and fixtures and use of measuring equipment
* Ability to read blueprints
* Basic computer skills
* Use of gages and height stand
* Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer
* Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of the machining operation
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize the potential for repetitive motion injuries
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
* Must be able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day.
* Three years of relevant machining experience; proven mathematical capability preferred
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* Associates Degree Machining
* Years of experience in lieu of education: 6 years
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.