8 months ago
Job Code :
Hollywood FL US 33021
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Job Description :
For more than 60 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronic industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine ranked HEICO as one of the 100 “Best Small Companies” in 2010 & 2011 and HEICO was included in the list of Forbes 200 Best Small Companies in 2006-2009.
LPI Corporation, a division of HEICO Aerospace Corporation, is currently recruiting for the position of CNC Machine Operator in their Hollywood, FL location. The role of a machine operator is to set-up and operates a production CNC milling machine. Interpret engineering drawings and operation sheets to determine proper operation, material and dimensional requirements and perform a variety of tasks.
Daily responsibilities include:
1. Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
2. Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
3. Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
4. Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
5. Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
6. Stop machines to remove finished workpieces, or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
7. Lift workpieces to machines manually, or with hoists or cranes.
8. Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.
9. Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and the size and position of cuts.
10. Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
11. Move material, tools, fixtures and equipment as required.
Job Requirements :
Requires prior experience and understanding of:
· Current machining techniques
· Mechanical principles, advanced shop mathematics, simple algebra
· Precision measuring procedures with correct tools/guages under close tolerances
· Setups, tooling applications, operating methods, machine ability of materials and manufacturing database.
· High School plus Trade/Vocational school, or equivalent related experience
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May work with toxic or caustic chemical.