10 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Class A Assembly Technician will be responsible for:
* Performs as required: assembly, inspection, disassembly, reassembly, safety wiring, part marking, painting and repair of sub and final assemblies.
* Must be able to maintain quality stamp authority.
* Must be able to complete necessary documents and records.
* Performs to written instructions (i.e. per route card, job instructions sheets (J.I.S.), engineering drawing or work order). Also utilize engineering prints for problem analysis.
* Demonstrates general knowledge of operation/function of assemblies, as required to troubleshoot units.
* Proficiently operate departmental machinery, equipment, tooling or gauging as required.
* Must be capable of machine brazing, soldering and balancing.
* Identify processing changes and method improvements.
* Verify current instrumentation calibration and department records (torque wrenches, inch micrometer, gages, etc.).
* Works in close cooperation with supervision, engineering, suppliers and other personnel to resolve problems.
* Interface with customer or government personnel as required.
* Must be able to use the required inspection equipment to perform visual and/or dimensional inspection of in-process sub-assemblies, process piece parts to ensure conformity to blue prints, job instruction sheets (J.I.S.), test specifications and engineering specifications.
* Must be able to perform and monitor assembly test set-ups and verify equipment calibrations.
* Verify job instructions sheets, blueprints or specifications used in the area to ensure they are to the required revision.
* Performs environmental checks on a regular basis to assess temperature, humidity (expect on special programs, i.e. Space Shuttle) and maintains cleanliness of work are.
* Verify proper incorporation of engineering changes as required by manufacturing process plan.
* Must be able to calculate fractions and decimals and have a working knowledge of shop mathematics.
* Monitor department process equipment for acceptance of fluid and gas conditions, temperature and other operating perimeters.
* Maintain program and process certifications as needed for the area.
* Print process manufacturing documentation as required performing work functions.
* Understand hazardous materials used within assembly and proper handling practices.
* Proficient at mixing and applying chemical compounds i.e. adhesives, paints and locktites, etc.
* Assist supervision with department administrative tasks (i.e. ordering shop supplies, tools calibration recall, shelf life of material)
* Makes proper records of material accepted or rejected.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
* Certificate for A&P
* 1 year of experience of machine brazing or soldering or balancing.
* 1 year of experience of assembly or inspection or disassembly or reassembly or safety wiring or part marking or painting
* High School or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.