10 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53252BR Date posted 09/07/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
Actuation Systems is currently seeking a highly motivated and technically sound individual to join us as a Component Integration Product Team Lead (CIPT). The CIPT will support Actuation Systems -- Regional and Business Jet Program's, new product introductions for mechanical design. Responsibilities include:
* Plan, coordinate and drive team performance through excellent leadership and communication
* Partner with Program Management, Operations, Purchasing and Engineering resources to assure full team success from requirements development through product realization
* Develop and execute plans necessary to meet Key Engineering (UPI) and customer Milestones (Design Reviews, Drawing release, Test planning, Test Support, Test reports). Efforts will include work scope management, addressing RFQ’s, customer interface and action item closure and schedule adherence.
* Maintain EVMS tracking and reporting.
* Manage Risk identification and mitigation.
* Manager Standard Work Tool to support processes management.
* Create and monitor key metrics(budget, quality, schedule) and implement appropriate corrective actions to address negative trends.
* Support Program Manager and SIPT lead with development, justification and management of the annual budget, including identification of the necessary resources.
* Maintain a high level of customer and quality focus.
* Effectively communicate written and oral status reports to internal and external customers.
A minimum of 5 years of engineering work experience. Project management experience preferred.
Must have some experience working in aerospace.
Familiarity with industry design standards, such as ARP-4754, RTCA© DO-254, DO-178, DO-160, Conformity per FAA Order 8110.4C, etc.
Familiarity with Secondary Flight Controls a plus.
Excellent project management skills, PMI© certification level preferred.
Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships on all levels (engineer, management, senior levels of engineering, finance, customer, etc.)
Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field. Master's degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.