6 months ago
The Chinook Test Pilot (Level 4) plans and conducts ground, flight and maintenance test flights for experimental, prototype and production aircraft to determine system functionality, aircraft performance and structural integrity of aircraft.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
* Develops and coordinates flight test plans, procedures and techniques to achieve qualification or certification.
* Plans and develops technical reports and flight reports.
* Evaluates flight data (e.g., system performance, aircraft handling, equipment malfunction) and participates in aircraft design to recommend changes to design based on operational considerations.
* Collaborates on marketing, evaluation and demonstration activities for customers; conducts familiarization, demonstration and training flights.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited
course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics
or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* Job requires FAA ATP or Commercial certificate with the appropriate endorsements.
* FAA Medical Class II.
* 5 years of engineering test pilot experience.
* Qualified USA Chinook Helicopter, or BV234.
* Graduate of military test pilot school, or equivalent certification.
* Military instructor pilot.
* FAA instructor pilot.
* Military maintenance test pilot.
* Qualified in Apache helicopter.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award