9 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54112BR Date posted 09/25/City Troy
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Material of Concern (MOC) Engineer in Troy, OH.
M&PT group supports various departments (Project Engineering, Sustaining, Structures, Manufacturing and Supply Chain) through the development, evaluation, and implementation of new/modified materials and special processes. M&PT group is accountable for technical analysis and recommendations on elimination of Material of Concern within Landing Systems products, which include both UTAS design and supplier controlled design parts.
Material of Concern material engineer, working within M&PT, is responsible for developing and executing business processes to sustain Material of Concern (MOC) compliance within LS.
Work with various departments within LS and ensure steps are taken to be compliant to all regulations, including, REACh, TSCA, etc.
Work with supply chain to ensure suppliers are advised on use of MOC in UTAS designed products.
Provide the technical help to supply chain regarding MOC.
Expected to become SME on both regulations and technical aspect of the chemical processes.
(1) Develop standard work for REACh/MOC compliance activities within LS. This would include developing and updating procedures including roles and responsibilities of each function within BU.
(2) Focal for analyzing MOC data obtained from suppliers. Provide advice to suppliers on solutions to be MOC compliant
(3) Work with supply chain to collect data on use of MOC within supply base with addition of new chemicals in REACh and other chemical regulations, such as, TSCA.
(4) Accountable to complete Article 33 requests working with various stakeholders within the organization.
(5) Work with CAD/Design Engineering to implement MOC module in Team Center.
(6) Work with REACh lead within M&PT to implement various new processes/procedures within LS
* ½+ years of work related experience (including coop)
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Familiar with REACh and other regulations.
* Familiar with various special processes used in LS
* Familiar with various special processes, such as, chemical plating, anodizing, painting, etc.
* Experience with evaluating chemical and material substitutions
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Education: B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.