about 1 year ago
Manages and controls chemical product usage and waste.
1. Inspect assigned chemical cabinets and shelves for expired chemicals and other requirements, restock CMT assigned chemicals on an as needed basis.
2. Remove all non compliant or expired chemicals from assigned cabinets/shelves, expired material cabinets, and waste management totes and transport to chemical sorting building for sorting.
3. Record scrap volume of chemicals in containers removed from all locations.
4. Service and collect hazardous waste for compacting from all satellite drums, compact, and transport to chemical storage building.
5. Service and transport liquid hazardous and non hazardous waste collection drums and totes and store for disposal.
6. Service and collect aerosol can collection drums, transport and puncture to remove contents, and recycle cans.
7. Service and collect universal waste from satellite locations and transport for storage and/or processing.
8. Service and transport the collection barrels for used oil, speedy dry, and oily rags and store for disposal/recycle.
9. Assure all hazardous/universal waste is labeled, weighed, and stored according to 40 CFR 262 Subpart C requirements and assure all non hazardous waste is labeled properly.
10. Dispose/recycle inspected empty containers per chemical container training and procedural requirements.
11. Complete remove of international garbage from assigned aircraft per training and procedural requirements.
12. Complete collection and discharge of O2 generators per training and procedural requirements.
13. Serve as a member of the HAECO emergency response team with duties as a first aid responder and spill response for spills.
14. Assist with the loading of hazardous and non hazardous waste for shipping and escorting onsite collection of waste by vendors and assure manifests are delivered to the Environmental Compliance Technician.
* Must have successfully completed high school or a GED program.
* Must have basic typing skills.
* Must have good written and oral communication skills.
* Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
* Must work with confidential data and assure it is safeguarded to protect the integrity of the company.
* Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
* Must be able to secure and maintain certification as a hazardous material technician in accordance with 40 CFR 265.16 within the first ninety (90) days of employment.
* Must have a valid driver’s license.
* Must read, write and understand English.
* Must successfully complete background check for PTIA AOA badging and KC10 badging.
* Previous chemical handling experience.
* Current certification of Hazardous Material Incident Response and RCRA training.