6 months ago
The Checkout Electrical/Avionics Mechanic & Inspector will be supporting the F-15 program in Palmdale, CA.
This is a 2nd Shift position. (2:30pm to 11:00pm)
This position requires and active Secret Clearance.
* Perform functional and/or operational checks of aircraft and/or space vehicle mechanical and hydro-pneumatic systems preparatory to flight, install, rework, and modify on-board and non-flight components and equipment.
* Layout, construct, assemble, modify, and repair electrical instruments and equipment used to functionally check mechanical, hydraulic and electronic wiring, circuits, electronic units, assemblies, sub-systems and systems in an aircraft electronics laboratory.
* Operate engines during run-ups and troubleshoot when needed.
* Perform engine buildup as assigned. Install, repair, and replace tanks, power plants, generators, and aircraft engines. Install or replace reservoirs, etc. and repair leaks in same.
* Repair, install and hook up bomb, missile and rocket racks and pylons. Install and load ejection seats and guns.
* Make final operational and functional checks, adjustments, repairs and modifications of electrical/electronic systems, before and after installation, in space vehicles and aircraft.
* Fabricate, assemble, install, modify, check, adjust and maintain instrumentation and communication systems on air vehicle in conjunction with flight operations.
* Install adjust, repair and replace structural parts and assemblies.
* Visually, functionally, or operationally inspect aircraft, explosive and armament installation and space vehicle major electrical/electronic systems, subsystems, units, assemblies, and subassemblies; entire structural, mechanical, hydro-mechanical, pneumatic assemblies, bonded metallic/non-metallic composite parts, thermo-protective systems, armament or detonable systems during or after repairs, modifications, assembly, installation, mating, testing operations, and final adjustments.
* Perform activities prior to flight status and final inspection and daily maintenance of completed experimental aircraft or major modification to experimental aircraft.
* Provide preventative and corrective maintenance and repairs on aviation ground support equipment (GSE) and fuel distribution system.
* Receives/dispatches jet fuel, gasoline, diesel fuel.
* Supports or performs tasking for Quality Control activities with sampling and testing of products for quality control.
* Perform inspections and supports required maintenance on fuel systems and fueling vehicles.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* 3 plus years experience working in military procedures, processes and technical orders.
* Aircraft flight test experience.
* Experience reading and interpreting in blue prints and technical orders.
* This position requires capability to work 2nd Shift hours. (2:30pm to 11:00pm)
* Active Top Secret Clearance is strongly preferred.
* Armament or weapon loading experience.
* Experience with aircraft systems installation processes.
* Electronics testing experience.
* Experience with Ground Support Equipment (GSE) repair/maintenance or maintaining and operating fuel distribution systems.
Contingent Upon Program Award