We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Charter Sales Manager to join our team based in Gatwick. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with previous Sales experience working within the commercial or cargo airline industry. Our ideal candidate will have experience in selling and managing charter flights and be a flexible problem solver! Previous team management experience is very desirable for the successful candidate to bring.
Based in the Beehive at City Place and close to Gatwick Airport, our business has tripled in size over the recent years. Magma Aviation Ltd. commercially and operationally manage dedicate wide-bodied cargo aircraft, contracted to us exclusively by our airline partners. We are a privately owned, independent, air cargo company operating a complete service worldwide. Our experience, knowledge and flexibility means that you can rely on us; whether using our scheduled services or ad-hoc full and part charter options, for a complete airport to airport freight transportation solution.
Purpose of Role
- To proactively identify, target and secure charter business opportunities for Magma Aviation
- To build strong and productive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure business objectives are achieved
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities
Key Job Responsibilities
Managing Cargo Charter Flight Enquiries
- Liaise with customers on their enquiries in a timely manner
- Produce quotations for clients using the internal costing software
- Negotiate with customers in a professional manner with the aim to maximise the company's profit margins.
- Liaise with aircraft operators on cargo load ability studies
- Effectively liaise with the Flight Operations department on operational and performance matters
Managing Cargo Charter Flight Confirmations
- Issue contracts accurately for charter flights
- Brief the Flight Operations Team on client requirements and charter details
- Monitoring the operational execution of charter flights within and out of normal office hours
- Producing pre and post flight budgets
- Ensuring Charter Flight files are closed in line with company procedures
- Ensuring the Internal Computer Systems are kept up to date
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing charter markets to ensure business objectives are met
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development
- Expanding the global client portfolio of the business to attract more business opportunities
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty
- Complete market research - reporting to the Senior Management on trends and demands
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities
- Keep up to date with activities of other Sales staff using the appropriate network of communication
- Pre-empting and reacting to market changes
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the team and other offices
- Keep up to date with activities of other Charter Sales Managers using the appropriate network of communication
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner
- Manage the Charter Sales Department and ensure the development of staff, in line with their development needs and to ensure the company's objectives are met within the agreed time frames
- Effectively manage personnel in line with Group HR policies, procedures and guidelines that conform fully to local legislation and regulations.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required)
- To work out of hours when required
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Magma Aviation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.