9 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace's Oak Plaza operations are comprised of the core enabling functions, including: Engineering, Research & Development, Program Management, Product Support, Strategic Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Quality, Finance and Human Resources. Together these functional teams collaborate to help engineer the most innovative and highest quality main cabin economy and premium aircraft seating for various customers around the globe.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Sr. Certification Engineer in our Seating Products business located in Winston-Salem, NC.
* Performs standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and make design decisions.
* Represents the Certification and Structures team in design reviews.
* Compiles FAA certifications documentation for submission to commercial aircraft OEM's and regulatory agencies.
* Reviews and approves design changes from a certification persepective.
* Supports design optimization tasks (e.g. weight reduction)
* Leads test activities such as Dynamic/16g Crash, Static, Reliability/Cycle, and Flammability.
* Administrates certification efforts.
* Performs material selection and material specification correlation.
* Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering project.
* Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
* Provides technical leadership to a small group of temorarily assigned engineers and technicians.
* Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost contstraints.
* Participates in defining of engineering approaches and in planning/scheduling work.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from four-year college or university.
* Nine years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five years experience showing compliance to FAR25 requirements.
* Two years experience checking stress analysis reports and structural test plans/reports written by others.
* Ability to perform classical stress analysis.
* Must be familiar with strengths of standard aviation materials.
* Prior working expereience in the aerospace industry, specifically with aircraft interiors.
* Prior experience reviewing and approving drawings.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare and give presentations.
* Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and with external clients.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with team members and cross functional teams.
* Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Office Suite applications and other project and engineering related software programs.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.