10 months ago
Over the past 60 years, Moog has developed a reputation throughout the world as a company whose people and products are at the forefront of the aerospace industry. We are known for our successful solutions to motion control challenges that are viewed by others as impossible. Over this period, Moog has expanded its capability base to become a leading supplier of integrated control actuation systems for civil and military aircraft.
If it’s got to fly, Moog’s team of engineers and technicians can make it happen.
In an industry that continuously pushes technology to its absolute limits, employing the best and brightest in the field is crucial.
Are you methodical and have keen attention to detail?
Do you take pride in doing the job right every time?
Would you like the opportunity to work in the area's most prestigious machine shop?
Our Aircraft Group needs your bench skills and quality mindset in our Cell Utility Operator opening...
What your day-to-day will look like with Moog...
* Deburr, clean, and/or heat treat issues and stock parts.
* You'll have the opportunity to operate equipment outside your area of expertise, as necessary, although you're not required to be an "expert" in all machine families (lathes, mills, grinders, etc.).
* Participate in the planning of work and resolving of problems within the Cell using team skills.
* Inspect all work performed and detect unusual conditions, defective materials, and deviate parts as well as recognize errors in blueprints and operation sheets.
* Positively contribute to the teamwork environment in terms of productivity, cooperation, data collection and attitude.
* May be required to support production within Assembly & Test and/or the Manufacturing Shop
The qualifications and skills you'll need to bring with you to this role...
* Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
* Up to one year of related experience with at least six months of experience deburring small parts.
* Demonstrated ability to use shop math, work from charts, tables, drawings, blueprints, operation sheets and verbal instructions.
* Demonstrated ability to use adjustable measuring instruments much as micrometers and calipers.
* Capable of continuous mental and visual attention on typically repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity.
* Physical effort consisting of lifting or moving light weights frequently, average weight occasionally and heavy weight rarely.
* Ability to perform diversified operations following standard procedures.
* Use of judgement to plan, perform and make decisions to support production goals within the cell.
* Ability to work overtime, Saturday/Sunday as required to meet production goals.
* In accordance with strict Federal Aviation Agency (F.A.A.) regulations regarding Safety Sensitive Work (S.S.W.), employee enrollment & participation in the company’s "F.A.A. Drug & Alcohol Program" is a requirement for this position.
Moog Inc. is an EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran