3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
* Manage all aspects of assigned hourly workforce (time & attendance, time off, rewards, training, communications, discipline, etc.)
* Maintain metrics for the cell department
* Responsible for driving quick resolution of safety, quality and technical issues
* Conduct daily tier 1 meetings
* Ensure all ACE recurring activities are being completed within the cell
* Lead continuous improvement activities to implement turn time reduction, cost savings and EH&S enhancements
* Strong focus & commitment to meeting customer needs
* Ensure conformance to established procedures and product quality levels
* Hold quarterly connect meetings with all hourly employees
* Serve as backup to other Cell Leaders
* Practice Safe & Ethical Work Habits Through Environmental Health & Safety
Specific Role Responsibilities
* Will lead & implement projects to meet business objectives.
* Serve as back-up to operations as needed.
* Perform other duties as required to achieve team goals.
* Be responsible for maturing, sustaining & coordinating all training efforts for cell
* teammates on a significant number of product lines or processes
* Serve as a resource to help find solutions to most technical support questions for production staff, Value Stream Managers, customers & auditors.
* Comply with and demonstrate adherence to all UTAS policies, procedures, regulations, & any required training involving EH&S, Ethics, Continuous Improvement (ACE) and Quality.
* Support Value Stream Manager with all initiatives to achieve operational effectiveness to include resource allocation, Human Resources, Audits, & EH&S.
* Support the VSM in all areas of work flow such as scheduling, turn around-time, quality, customer service, shop metrics & other areas as assigned by the Business Unit Leader.
* Identify &/or lead ACE, Quality & EH&S initiatives to drive organizational efficiency & effectiveness.
* Perform other duties as required to achieve team goals & objectives
* Ability to lead and direct personnel in day to day operations
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal & communication skills, along with technical competency
* Exemplary attention to detail and professionalism is a must
* Self-directed and able to learn quickly with strong ability to drive and deliver results
* Demonstrated ethical decision making & quality first mindset
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
UTAS Monroe is a FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S. Departments of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Candidate may be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Note: Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year). Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1-2 years of experience within an operations environment
* Associate’s degree with 3-4 years of experience within an operations environment
* 5+ years of experience within an operations environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.